What is an IVR Dialer?
An IVR Dialer is an automated dialer that dials numbers from a given database and plays IVR (Interactive Voice Response) messages when connected.
An IVR Dialer can be used to inform callers about due dates/renewals/offers, or to collect feedback or conduct surveys.
- A CTI integration with your database/CRM software enables the IVR to draw customers’s/prospect’s information and personalize each message with names, due dates, amounts, etc.
- The message can be interactive because your IVR can “understand” natural language or DTMF inputs.
- The call can also be preset to transfer smoothly to an agent.
When to use your IVR Dialer? 6 use cases
- Quick bulk messaging during emergencies: During emergencies, an IVR dialer is a fast and efficient way to send messages to a large number of people. For example, schools can use the IVR dialer to send a message about a sudden holiday. Or it can be used to send weather updates during emergencies like snowstorms/floods.
- Bulk Outbound IVR Blasts: The same Outbound IVR Blasts technique can be used by businesses to greet customers or announce special offers. Customers interested in the offer can further be connected to an agent to close the transaction.
- Automated Scheduled Reminders: IVR dialer is often used to send automated appointment reminders, dues dates for renewals or payments, last date on an offer, an upcoming flight reminder or pending loan payments. Each message can draw details from a database/CRM system to personalize the message with the name, dues amount, dates, etc.
- Qualifying leads using Voice bots: Your voice bot can use the IVR DIaler to speak to leads about your product/service/offer/requirement. If they are interested and free to talk, they can be instantly connected with your sales representative. If not, an appointment can be scheduled.
- Feedback and Surveys: An interactive IVR or a voice bot can be used to get feedback from customers on your product or service.
- Unique Radio and Storytelling service via IVR: We used an IVR Dialer in our unique “missed call” campaigns. Here, when caller’s dialed a given number, the call would disconnect. But the IVR Dialer would then call back the number and let them access the radio or listen to stories.
Why use an IVR Dialer? The benefits
- One of the main benefits of an IVR dialer is that it saves agent time and consequently reduces your running costs. It allows you to do more with a lean team, reducing the workload on your agents/sales representatives by almost 30%.
- You can opt for a Drag and Drop IVR that makes it easy for your customer experience/sales teams to create new messages. Our Open APIs make it easy to integrate your IVR with any other third party software including most CRM and ticketing software.
- Log in as an administrator. Select “Campaign” from your top Navigation Bar.
- A Campaign Information window will open. Choose and type in your campaign name.
- Select IVR from the Campaign Type drop-down menu.
- Type in the Application URL (given by Ozonetel) in the APP URL field. This URL can be defined by you using Cloudagent APIs directly.
- Select/deselect STD Enabled, Recent First.
- Type in Number of Tries to defines how many times a record will be retried if the call does not connect.
- Type in your RunTime, Dial Intervention and Wrap Up Time. (The IVR setting assumes that an agent will answer the call, therefore asks for an agent wrap time.)
- Check the ‘Agent to Wrap Up Unanswered Calls” box if you want agents to wrap/mark call dispositions on unanswered calls. (By default, it is unchecked)
- Your campaign is set up.
- You can access your campaign data to view success (successfully connected calls) and failure (number of calls that didn’t connect) and pending (number of records left to dial) at any time.