Interactive Voice Response systems or IVR are the core of your contact center solution. They greet customers, collect caller intent and channel calls to the right department. But this isn’t all. You can use Outbound IVR or IVR blasts to proactively connect with your customers. This article tells you exactly how.
WHAT ARE OUTBOUND IVR CAMPAIGNS?
Outbound IVR Campaigns can be used to send automated but personalized messages to all your customers.
You can use it to:
- Collect customer feedback at the end of a call.
- Conduct automated customer surveys.
- Remind customers about appointments, due dates, last dates, bill payments.
- Notify customers about promotional offers. or send them seasonal greetings.
HOW CAN YOU PERSONALISE YOUR OUTBOUND IVR CAMPAIGNS?
You can personalize your outbound IVR campaigns in much the same way as you personalize your mass emails. For example, if you are sending a due date reminder: You simply add a field for customer name, bill amount, due date. The IVR will collect this information via API integration with your CRM and send each customer a personalized reminder.
WHAT FEATURES SHOULD YOU LOOK FOR IN AN OUTBOUND IVR PROVIDER?
- Same IVR provider for outbound and inbound IVR. Outbound IVRs are not standalone systems. The same IVR that you use for Inbound IVR can be used for your Outbound IVR campaigns.
- Personalization Options. It’s a cardinal rule: nobody, absolutely nobody, sends generic messages anymore. Personalizing with a name is absolutely essential. If you are sending a payment or subscription reminder, you may need to add details of your customer plans/program details and dues. It’s easy to add these fields to your IVR message. And your IVR will draw the data automatically from your database to send personalized messages.
- Deep Integration with CRM system. Whether you have Salesforce, Zoho, Zendesk or even a custom CRM solution —your IVR should easily be able to draw data from here. So ensure your provider can manage a deep and seamless integration.
- Flexibility and Complete control. When you get a new IVR solution, there is a catch. Every time you need to change the message, create new promotions or campaigns you need to contact (and pay) your IVR Provider to design it for you. This can be very limiting. Ozonetel offers an intuitive drag &drop IVR Designer that lets you create and change your campaign anytime you want.
IVR is different from Robo-calling because it allows you to collect responses and personalize every call. Ozonetel has been providing inbound and outbound IVR solutions for over a decade. If you are curious to know how it works, do Contact us here for a demo.