All About CTI Screen Pops
A screen pop is one of the most basic and useful features of a good CTI integration with your CRM or ticketing software. This article explains what it is, the benefits of having one, and everything you should look for in your screen pop.
What is a CTI screen pop?
CTI or Computer Telephone Integration simply means integrating your phone system with your computer. It’s used by hosted contact centers to integrate and coordinate telephone and computer interactions.
In cloud telephony, agents view and manage their inbound and outbound calls on their desktop via a CTI screen pop or call pop. The CTI screen pop is a display of the relevant customer information to an agent by drawing from an internal database/CRM or ticketing software.
Screen pops give agents a snapshot of the caller’s call history, including who s/he spoke to last, the ticket number, etc. Agents can easily make notes, edit customer data and make updates (contact information, conversation, etc.) on the screen pop itself, post-call or in real-time.
This improves sales, support and agent efficiency.
Benefits of CTI screen pops
CTI screen pops are a core feature in a unified cloud telephony platform when it seamlessly integrates with your CRM or ticketing solution. CTI call pops help:
- Improve agent productivity: Agents don’t waste time fumbling around looking for relevant data
- Improve customer satisfaction: Personalisation and faster resolutions improves the customer experience
- Improve sales by giving agents information that helps them pitch their product/service better.
Improves overall call management.
How do Screen pops increase agent productivity?
- CTI screen pops let agents handle a call, message, take notes and view customer details in a single UI. They don’t have to click through multiple screens to access or add customer information—this reduces cognitive dissonance and saves time.
- Generally, when you have a screen pop integration, call tickets are automatically generated for every call too. This gives the agent one less distraction from their main work (dealing tactfully with the caller at hand)
- This also ensures that no call is missed. The management reduces their dependency on agents. Since call recordings are also automatically saved against ticket history, its easier for managers and supervisors to review calls later too.
How do Screen pops improve sales?
- Screen pops can help during outbound/sales calls too. The cloud telephony system will generally use autodialers to dial leads from a database— when the call connects, any existing lead records automatically display on the agent’s screen. Agents can use this information to focus, personalize and improve their conversation.
- Screen pops enable better management of campaigns and leads. Agents have the relevant data about not only the call history, customer profile but also details such as which line of business they’ll be discussing or what language to use.
- The agent can easily add notes here during or after the call, and these automatically update in the CRM ticketing database being used. YOur business never loses track of important lead information, even if the agent leaves the job.
- The prospect’s information is available to whichever agent connects to the lead next.
How do Screen pops improve customer experience?
- With a screen pop in front of them, agents recognize callers and greet them by name. This small step helps callers relax (no need for introductions) and welcomed.
- Agents can access call controls and options (hold, mute, transfer, conference, notes etc.) to resolve customer queries while on a call. If the caller has called into the wrong department, for example, they don’t have to be told to disconnect and redial, the agent simply transfers them to the right department.
- If the agent has trouble resolving their query, he can put them on hold and consult someone else, instead of asking them to call again.
What to look out for with CTI screen pops?
- GOOD UX: Screen-pops are great for notifications. But it’s annoying if they’re too large/ intrusive and pop up right in the middle of the screen. It distracts agents and makes it hard to read the script/ follow caller history.
- ALERTS: Screen pops should not be the only way for agents to realize there is an incoming call. If agents aren’t looking at the screen, calls can drop. There should be additional pings to inform agents of inbound calls.
- BROWSER SUPPORT: Ensure that your CTI works with your preferred browser. Some have issues working with IE, for instance, and have to be used with Google Chrome instead.
- DOUBLE CALL LOGGING: Watch out for trouble. For example, when your contact center software receives an update or a recommended install, it could cause issues such as double call logging.
- PRIORITY ROUTING: When a high-value customer calls, your IVR can use customer data within the CRM software to “decide” to whom and how to route the call, based on pre-defined instructions. For example, the system can move VIP customers up the call queue and connect them to agents faster.
- BETTER INSIGHTS: CTI makes it possible to get call recordings and detailed call analytics. For example, supervisors can view the total number of incoming/outgoing calls, agent talk time and status(busy, break, active, etc.), call queues, number of missed calls and other data. They can even listen to calls in real time and use the barge in/whisper features to solve problems before they escalate.
Examples of CTI Screen Pops
CTI Screen Pop Integration between ZOHO and KOOKOO Contact center solution.
CTI Screen pop between Freshdesk Mint and KOOKOO contact center solution
KOOKOO Contact Center solution creates seamless integrations between Zoho, Zendesk, Freshdesk, Salesforce, Kapture and many more CRM and ticketing software. If you want to know how to create a seamless call pop for your customer support or sales team, contact us here.