In you want to understand cloud telephony or cloud call center few terms like “Call forwarding” ,”Call divert” , “call routing” would always nudge you.
What is cloud telephony/cloud call center
Cloud Telephony or cloud call center is the communications technology where all communication devices and applications are hosted at the service provider’s premises. Business wanted to use these services do not need to install any software or buy any hardware to get the services started. The services can be started on a traditional phone, mobile or a computer system i.e. desktop, laptop or tablet.
The service availed by cloud telephony are basic IVR, call diversion to respective department, get call details, setup call center, call recording, SMS & email alert for missed calls etc.
Read more about cloud telephony & its benefits.
case I - Cloud telephony flow when customer uses the DID/virtual number given by service provider
Case I –
When the customer uses the number given by cloud telephony service provider. The number is also called a DID or virtual number(as it is not connected to connected to any physical mobile or landline)
- 1. As the number is given by the cloud telephony company, it is part of cloud telephony company owned PRI and already ported to the local telephony PRI server or PoP(point of presence).
- 2. The number(DID or virtual number) is logically mapped to a physical telephone number or mobile number
- 3. As anyone call to the number (DID or virtual number) the call get diverted to the mapped landline or mobile number
- 4. The call routing to a particular department or physical phone happens based on the IVR configuration
- 5. The cloud telephony can process all call details that happens over its number and the ultimate mapped number
- 6. The end user gets IVR, call details , call recording, can setup missed call alert, after office hour message etc.
case II - Cloud telphony flow when customer uses his own number of a TFN number as customer facing number
Case II –
When the customer uses the his own number as customer facing number , it can be his published mobile number or a Toll free number. The call coming on a customer facing should be forwarded to the Virtual number
given by cloud telephony service provider.The number is also called a DID or virtual number(as it is not connected to connected to any physical mobile or landline)
- 1. As the number is not in control of cloud telephony company for using cloud telephony service all the call should be first forwarded to a number (DID or virtual number) given by telephony company .
- 2. For call forwarding, you to request your telecom service provider to forward all incoming call to the DID number. The rules and charges depend on telecom service provider
- 3. Ozonetel has tie with RCom, if you are using RCom number call forwarding be a hassle free and even charges are very minimal
- 4. After the call is forwarded to the Cloud telephony company DID(Direct inward dialing) , everything works as in the case 1.
- 5. The end user gets IVR, call details, call recording, can setup missed call alert, after office hour message etc.
Benefits of Cloud Telephony
- 1. Get Call details You will get detailed calls reports and real time live analytics like number of incoming calls, get all callers numbers, call recordings, time spend on call. Our solution provide more than 70 reports
- 2. Call Routing You can just keep one number and route call to any telephony or a mobile number as per your needs
For detailed benefits check
What is cloud telephony.